Circle of Shame

For a while my habit was out of control. Not that I knew it at the time, of course. I thought I could control it: one week Hello!, the next Grazia, the following week, OK!  My knowledge on high street fashion, royals and Cheryl Cole was impressive. But before I knew it, I was doing all three in one week. So I went cold turkey, stopped buying them altogether. For a whole year. This led me to binge, mostly on visits to the hairdresser, often in the supermarket magazine aisle. Now, I like to think I have found a balanced approach. Grazia bi-weekly & Hello! once a month. I can do without the inside track on Soap Stars and WAGS, but fashion and random royals? I don't think so.

This week's white in the fridge:
Taste the Difference Albarino 2008, Sainsbury's, £6.94, http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/
If you're looking for a wine to wake up the tastebuds, try this one. Made in Spain, this one is light and zesty with a gentle orange flavour to it. Swish it around the mouth and you'll get a gorgeous thwack of peach fruit too. Enjoying toute seule at the moment but from experience can highly recommend it with Charlie Bigham's fishcakes.   

Current red on the side:
Cefiro Cabernet Sauvignon 2008, Maipo Valley, Chile, £5ish, http://www.sourcewines.com/
Another left-over from last week's KMWC wine tasting, this is a Clooney-smooth red made from thick-skinned Cabernet Sauvignon grapes grown in the natural fruit bowl that is Chile's Maipo Valley. Gorgeously scented, smooth and supple, with 9 months in oak giving added structure and va va voom. Eat this with beef stew, like I did last night. Sadly George couldn't make it. 

Laters x

Labels: , , , , , , ,