Growing (Old) Pains (Me)

I went out on Monday night. It doesn't happen often so I made the most. I wore an adored emerald green dress (Ghost), nail varnish (Rouge Noir), matching underwear (old vintage Myla) and really high heels. On Tuesday, I wore track suit bottoms, couldn't walk properly and had two mouth ulcers.  My body has decided to slope about doing everything at half-speed ever since, leaving me trapped inside shouting THIS NEVER USED TO HAPPEN! THIS IS NOT ME! But the evidence seems to suggest otherwise, dammit. Suddenly seeing the bright side of this not happening very often.

This week's rose in the fridge:  Tesco Finest Navarra Rose 2009, £6.79, Tesco

This is a jewel-coloured rose made from the red Tempranillo grape grown in northern Spain. Navarra is the region and is a pretty sure bet when looking for a bright, juicy, modern style of rose wine. It is not a shy wine, full-bodied by rose wine standards with strawberry fruit aromas and flavours. Doesn't need food but went with my yah-grilled salmon quite beautifully.   

This week's red on the side: Catena Malbec 2008, Argentina, £8.99, Waitrose

Such a lovely wine, this one. I visited the winery years ago. Set in vineyards near Mendoza, it looks like something out of a Bond/Bourne film from the outside. Inside, it is crammed with barrels and stainless steel tanks. The producer, Catena, is one of Argentina's largest and certainly one of the best. This is a moody, brooding red with blackcurrant fruits. Licensed to swill. Just add red meat.

Chin chin x

Labels: , , , , , , , ,