Hot Summer Daze

I'm not going to complain about it being too hot. Really, I'm not. It's glorious. This week Eldest Boy is learning to sail on our local river. Middle Boy has spent much of his time jumping, repeatedly, over a sprinkler in the garden. Even when it isn't on. And Youngest Girl has mostly been saying: "I'm really reeeeeally 'ot". And me? Well, I've mostly been frying about having the Crumbs' Sisters here for lunch tomorrow. I mean, these girls are both amazing cooks. But I have a plan. It involves wine. Makes everything taste better.

This week, I've got a guest post over on the Majestic blog, Grape to Glass. Here are a couple of my recommended wines:

Vermentino 2011 Poggioargentiera, £7.99 on offer, Majestic
Such a brilliant wine, made from the utterly delicious Vermentino grape grown in the Maremma region in southern Tuscany. This is a peachy queen, with the freshness and zip of limes. If you are bored with the usual suspects, grape-wise, give Vermentino a go and if you don’t like it, I’ll finish it off.

Villa Maria Cellar Selection Pinot Noir 2009, £11.59 on offer, Majestic
Pinot Noir is an expensive habit but, then again, so is waxing. This is made by one of NZ’s biggest producers, proving that big can indeed be beautiful. Made from a blend of Awatere and Wairau Valley fruit, this has been aged in oak. The result? A smooth, seductive number with bramble fruit and a touch of smokiness. Plays a blinder with barbequed sausages or spicy chicken wings.

Pip pip x

Labels: , , , , , , , ,