Here is the News.

I am 40 years old, married with three children and I’m really tired. I probably should have washed my hair yesterday, I’ve just noticed there’s dried Weetabix on my t-shirt, the washing is threatening to burst out of the basket, we’ve run out of milk and I think we’ve got people coming at the weekend. I work part-time, the kids are on holiday and did I mention I’m really tired? But, I do have exciting news. No, not pregnant. I'm done there, unsurprisingly. Last week, I was called in to meet the team behind The Alan Titchmarsh Show. And they've asked if I would like to be the new wine expert on his show, starting in September. I said yes, obviously. So, tired but very, very excited.

Current white in the fridge: Jamie's Prosecco, £7.99 on offer (normally £9.99), Tesco
I bought two bottles of this today and took it to our end-of-term picnic in the local playing fields. After ice-creams and cake, the kids went feral for a couple of hours whilst we sat with a mug of tea in one hand and a splash of Prosecco in a fairy-patterned paper cup in the other (2 bottles for about 30 mums; I promise I am more generous at grown up parties). It was properly lovely way to say goodbye to the school year, hello to the summer holidays and toast a royal baby. And Jamie's Prosecco was just the ticket. Lemon sherbet in a glass. Or rather, paper cup. 

Current rose in the fridge: Esprit de Buganay Provence Rose 2012, £9.99, Waitrose
It's all about the rose at the moment, and there are lots of good ones to choose from. But there are also lots of fairly duff ones about. The most important thing for me, when it comes to rose - apart from it being really cold - is being really fresh. This one is fresh, pale pink & perky and made from a blend of Cinsaut, Syrah and Grenache grapes. And it stood out in a run of rose wines served at a barbecue with friends on Sunday evening. Remember, I do it all for you. 

Chin chin x

ps - too early to send Kate a KMWC book?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,