Show & Tell

Last week saw my first appearance as the new wine expert on The Alan Titchmarsh Show. And honestly? I loved it. It was possibly one of the most surreal days of my life, and I must learn to not always say what I'm thinking out loud. Telling Kerry Katona that my friends and I used to do a killer routine to 'Whole Again', including that sitting-on-stools-to-standing-on-the-key-change thing, was a case in point. But I'm sure that will come with time. Whatever, she was sweet enough to have her photo taken with me, even after that:


Here's the set (that's me, in the background sitting at the table. With wine, obviously):


And this is me, just off set having finished my first ever bit of telly, getting a big hug from Nadia Sawalha, the resident cookery expert on the show (she's GORGEOUS):


Here's a link, the wine bit is right at the end (and really short, just to warn you). And here's a couple of wines I picked for the show:

Current white in the fridge: The Wine Selection Langhorne Creek Chardonnay, £5, Asda
I picked this to go with Nadia's tuna pasta dish, and what's brilliant about it is the fact that it's an Aussie Chardonnay, with oak, really nicely done. It's got the tropical fruit and vanilla thing going on, but not so much that it tastes really oaky. Properly autumnal white, this one. 

Current red in the rack: Tesco Simply Chianti, £4.99, Tesco
So happy to have found this one. Made from the Sangiovese grape, this is bright and juicy, and tastes of cherries and spice. It really is perfect midweek wine, especially if you've got a bowl of pasta on your lap. For under a fiver, it's brilliant value. 

Peace out, winos x

Labels: , , , , , , , ,