Kin Good

The idea of me being in a parenting magazine is really quite funny. Case in point: my children's tea tonight was entirely orange (goujons, baked beans and carrots). Naturally, I told them it was deliberate and that tomorrow we're going green (pasta & pesto). Anyway, I was recently contacted by a writer for Kin, a beautifully put together parent journal published by Mamas & Papas (as in the shop). They wanted to do a Q&A for their next issue about the blog, book and, of course, wine. Happily, they didn't ask me for any parenting tips. I just wish this journal had been around when I was expecting; it really is a fantastic read. Find out more here.


Current white in the fridge: Trentino Pinot Grigio 2014 Bottega Vinai, £8.99, Freyja's Wines
There's a lot of it about. PG, that is. But here's a tip: get it from the northern Italian region of Trentino from a great producer like this one, and you'll get a wine with bags of flavour. This one's so gorgeous and lemony; fresh too. The lady behind Freya's Wines (called Freya, unsurprisingly) used to work at the same supermarket as me. She recently set up her own online wine company and it's definitely worth a visit. Freyja's put together a great range covering all prices and occasions. Clever lady. 

Current red in the rack: Tesco Finest Stellenbosch Red 2014, £6.50, Tesco
I know I've mentioned this one on the blog before but now that it's just £6.50 (ongoing, not even just as an offer) it really is one of the best value reds on their shelves at the moment. Made by a really smart South African producer, it's a blend of four grapes (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot) and manages to balance lots of fruit flavours with just-right spice. Smooth, rich and comforting as a Toast blanket. Needs food (goujons not advised). 

Chin chin x

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,